Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rhubarb by Craig Silvey

Meet Eleanor Rigby: tiny, blind and left behind. Led by her zealous, overprotective guide dog, Warren, she courses constantly through the places she knows. Tired, mired and sequestered from the world, Eleanor can’t shirk the feeling she’s going nowhere slowly. Until, of course, she recognises something in the sound of Ewan Dempsey, reclusive and compulsive maker and player of cellos, who impels in Eleanor a rare moment of caprice …
I loved the quirky fun nature of this book. It had me laughing out loud in several spots. My one criticism is that it ended to quick, another chapter to tie up a few ends would have been great.
The Childrens Book he wrote around Warren the Dog was fantastic too.
I am looking forward to reading his new book.
Rating - I give this 5/5 GREAT!!
Get this from the library
Reviewed by Sarah @ home

No comments: