Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finding Noel by Richard Paul Evans

"I lost my mother on Valentine's Day of 2006. After weeks of struggling with my grief, I decided I would write a story for her. As she loved Christmas, I chose to write a Christmas novel, my first sinceThe Christmas Box. Finding Noel is about how people come into our lives for a reason. It is a love story about Macy and Mark, two young people from different worlds. I'm sorry that this Christmas, for the first time since I became a writer, I won't be able to present my mother with a copy of my book. I think she would have enjoyed reading it. But, then again, I'm not certain that she hasn't. As you read Finding Noel, I hope that you enjoy the journey and feel the same powerful emotions I felt as the story came to me. Fondly, Richard Evans ." (Author's notes).

Murder mysteries and non-fiction of various types form the bulk of my reading, but I must confess to a soft spot for this little charmer of a book, which I read in one sitting. It's sweet, without being sickly, with some endearing characters and some you'll love to hate, or at least heartily dislike. A word of warning: have the hankies handy!

Rating - I give this 4/5 Not bad!

Get this from the library
Reviewed by Jan @ Ballarat branch


No comments: