Thursday, January 22, 2009

King of Kong - DVD

Billy Mitchell has held the world record for the popular Donkey Kong video game for over twenty years. When 35 year old family man Steve Wiebe suddenly loses his job, he finds solace in Donkey Kong. Stumbling upon Billy Mitchell’s record, Steve sets out to break it perfecting the game every night after his wife and kids went to bed. Not only surpassing Billy’s record but scoring a thought-to-be-impossible 1,000,000 points, Steve quickly becomes a celebrity in his hometown of Seattle. Meanwhile back in Hollywood, Billy Mitchell hatches a plan to reclaim his fallen Donkey Kong record…
This documentary film was FANTASTIC! I laughed, I cried and I celebrated with the Donkey Kong lovers who were attempting to break the world record. When the sounds of 'Eye of the Tiger' began playing I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers for Steve Wiebe who was training for the world record attempt.
I recommend this film for anyone who wants an insight into the cut throat world of arcade gaming, or anyone who wants the underdog to win, or anyone who just wants a good laugh!!

Rating - I give this 5/5 GREAT!!

Get this DVD from the library

Reviewed by Tara @ library admin

1 comment:

grasshopper said...

how could you not root for Steve Wiebe to take down Billy Mitchell...