Friday, April 8, 2011

Awakened [The House of Night series] by PC Cast and Kristen Cast

Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. Dominion over her immortal consort Kalona is only one of the weapons she plans to use against Z. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it? Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same – and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior, Stark, may never be the same either… (from the publisher).
I don't know why I keep reading this series as it annoys me a bit, particularly as there seems to be a strong element of lack of respect for authority; and the way some of the characters speak irks me sometime too. But something keeps drawing me back - I fully blame my sister for this. The series does have a different twist on the whole vampire genre - you have to go to school to learn about becoming a vampire after being Marked, not bitten. This book is the eighth in the series and has a few surprises in it, albeit not all good ones.
Rating - I give this 3/5 Hmmm...

No comments: